Retail Directions mission is simple - to make retailing easier. To do this, we provide our clients with retail solutions and services built around our leading end-to-end retail management platform. Our typical clients include general merchandise retailers such as apparel, sportswear, stationery, cosmetics and homewares.
Operating in a dynamic and competitive market, we pride ourselves on differentiation through nearly 30 years of retail-specific expertise, combined with out-of-the-box and tailored retail solutions that help retailers to achieve their goals more easily. We offer our people a culture of innovation, agility, opportunity, and reward in return for dedication, passion, and proactivity.
Delivering excellence in Client Experience is of priority focus for Retail Directions. This role is critical in helping us to optimise Client Satisfaction through our Client Care operations that focus on early response and resolution to client support requests.
Our Client Care Time zone lead is responsible for managing the first point of contact for Client Care and providing a clear problem definition as well as supporting the day-to-day administration of client care. The Client Care Time Zone team lead, will focus on client satisfaction through diligent and conscientious attention to client calls and incidents. Providing a timely and positive response to new requests and nurturing a client centred culture.
The Client Care Team comprises of Client Care Technical Specialists and Client Care Agents covering Retail Directions’ entire suite of core products as well as additional resources for the internal and external servicing of infrastructure and network environments.
Client Care Operations
- You will work together with other Client Care Team members to provide an efficient and successful Global Client Care operation to deliver the highest business and client value through effective application and coordination of resources.
- You will triage / acknowledge new Client requests and clearly define the issues to ensure all the relevant details are correct and if possible work to resolve the incident immediately before assigning the task to a subject matter expert
- You will work together with the Consultants and Development Teams to facilitate the resolution of client issues within published SLAs
- You will maintain visibility of current issues and their status at client sites and keep Retail Directions’ key stakeholders informed about all client issues and paths to resolution on a priority basis
- As the Client Care Time Zone lead you will be required to ensure that out of hours support is in place, as per our contractual obligations, by coordinating together to provide optimal levels of staff numbers, rostering, and skills
- You will maintain and update the Retail Directions CRM database with relevant Client moves and changes as required in conjunction with Marketing
- You will ensure that our knowledge database is being expanded and is maintained to a high quality internally and externally within our Client Portal
- You will maintain our Document Management System using best-practices in version control, accessibility, and document management on a per-client basis
- You will coordinate and update our Task Management System and facilitate the best path to resolution and client satisfaction in all cases
Reporting and Continuous Improvement
- Report to the Senior Leadership Team on any issues that might impact client satisfaction, including response and resolution time, and take ownership of issues as required
- Analyse recurring problems and discuss them with the relevant product managers to seek software improvements that prevent recurring problems
- Contribute to future enhancements and maintenance of Retail Directions’ call management / tracking systems and operating procedures
Administration and Support
- Liaise with Account Managers to maintain accuracy of Client details and Client Contacts
- Send the Monthly License checks and reports to clients and the Finance Manager as required
- Manage on-site client database access permissions in conjunction with Account Managers
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations to clients with regards to software escrow agreements
Skills and Capabilities
- Strong commercial software processes and principles, with the capability to learn software applications to the level required to provide advice about systems and their operations
- Flexible and agile in accepting work assignments and capable of taking direction and advice, with an open 360 approach to appraisals and development
- Knowledge of POS technology and equipment
- Experienced in problem definition and troubleshooting
- Experienced in documenting business processes and operations
- Strong ability to create plans and schedules
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, and to prioritise your workload
- Attention to detail, with a disciplined and well-structured approach to work
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally, with ability to communicate clearly in English over the telephone, in writing, and in person
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively both with others and autonomously as required
- Ability to Matrix Manage and influence the outcomes of client incidents with other team members not directly reporting to you
We would expect you to have:
- A strong understanding of information technology applied in a retail environment, with a business level understanding of the retailing market
- Experience of working in a similar client care/help desk environment
- Five years or more Client Care, Customer Care, or Technical Support experience
We would like you to have:
- A working technical knowledge of the software development environment, tools, libraries, and programming languages used
How to apply
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this role, and would like to join our Retail Directions team, we would love to hear from you.