Issue 2. The Retail Directions Management team is actively monitoring the information about COVID-19 outbreak and is continually refining its contingency plans in line with information received from various government & state departments in the countries and geographies we operate in. This information is constantly updated, and Retail Directions are conducting daily meetings to ensure […]Read More
COVID-19 Policy and Business Continuity Statement
The Retail Directions Management team is actively monitoring the information about COVID-19 outbreak and is continually refining its contingency plans in line with information received from various government & state departments in the countries and geographies we operate in.
This information is constantly updated, and Retail Directions are conducting daily meetings to ensure our policy reflects the latest advice for the safety and business continuity of our employees and clients.
COVID-19 – Current Situation 12/10/2020
- We have no reported or confirmed cases of COVID-19 relating to Retail Directions employees
- Parts of the greater metropolitan area of Melbourne have been in extended lock down since August. The movement of people and ongoing trading by some businesses has been restricted
- The number of cases of COVID-19 cases in Melbourne continues to reduce to low levels and it is expected that current restrictions will be relaxed by the end of October
- In line with localised conditions and restrictions, the Retail Directions office is open to essential staff only
- All other staff are working from home and will continue to do so until the localised rules change.
- The normal operation of Retail Directions business remains unaffected by the current restrictions and our ability to support our clients and emplyoees remains unchanged.
Business Continuity Plan
Retail Directions has the remote access infrastructure in place to enable our staff members to effectively continue to work from home indefinitely, this includes access to our software development environments, along with communication and collaboration through Microsoft Teams and DevOps. We continually monitor connectivity to the Retail Directions office from their respective homes to ensure minimal disruption.
Retail Directions has implemented Zoom as an alternative to Teams should either one suffers outages or reductions in capacity.
Retail Directions are providing all hardware, software, security protocols and support required directly into our employee’s home working environment
Our 24/7 support will continue and all phone calls or communications coming into the office during business hours will be re-directed to the support mobile phones.
Out of Hours cover remains unaffected.
With regard to remote access, staff members who have authority will be able to connect from their individual laptops via the secure office and client VPN.
As a minimum Retail Directions will be adhering strictly to the latest directives from the Australian Department of Health and the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services.
This advice is regularly updated and will assist in understanding the virus and how it should be handled.
- The latest advice from the Australian Department of Health regarding the virus can be found here.
- The latest advice from the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services can be found here.
In summary, we continue to review and make all the reasonable arrangements to minimise impact on your operation and looking after the health & welfare of our employees and our customers employees.
This statement will be reviewed and re issued on a regular basis, in line with the fluid and changing situation globally.