Our mission is simple - to make retailing easier. To do this, we provide our clients with retail solutions and services built around our leading end-to-end retail management platform. Our typical clients include general merchandise retailers such as apparel, sportswear, stationery, cosmetics, and homeware retail businesses.
Operating in a dynamic and competitive market, we pride ourselves on differentiation through nearly 30 years of retail-specific expertise, combined with out-of-the-box and tailored retail solutions that help retailers to achieve their goals more easily. We offer our people a culture of innovation, agility, opportunity, and reward in return for dedication, passion, and proactivity.
To support our local and international expansion, we’re looking for a talented and experienced .NET/C# software engineer, with working knowledge of SQL, to join our growing South Africa-based team and help drive the advancement of our warehouse and logistics software platform.
You will be responsible for the design, coding, testing, and maintenance of software and database component outputs during the development phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). You’ll also be required to review and maintain the technical documentation that is produced during the SDLC.
Reporting to the Product Manager Warehouse & Logistics, you will be joining a highly engaged and supportive team that is fast-paced, knowledgeable, and proficient. What is important to us is your competency to troubleshoot and solve problems in a structured way and your passion for technology to help us drive the platform forward.
- Review of Software User Requirements and Software Change Requests
- Software design analysis, investigation and creations, as well as design review
- Coding, source code review and software build and release management
- Testing, documentation and quality assurance
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 4 years of commercial software development experience using .NET/C#/SQL
- Experience with software development environment tools such as Visual Studio and GIT
- Experience in MS SQL Server 2012+
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows Platform and Microsoft Office applications
Good to have:
- Strong experience in the warehouse and logistics space
- Previous experience working in a DevOps environment
- Practical experience in Xamarin.Forms
- Commercial software development experience in the retail industry
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this role, and would like to join our Retail Directions team, we would love to hear from you.