- Be part of an Australian success story with strong international presence
- Join a great team operating out of Melbourne’s CBD
- Contribute to the expansion of our Retail Management Platform
- Work with some of the world’s best retail brands
About the role
Do you have a strong background in, and passion for, the logistics space?
To support our local and international expansion, we’re looking for a .NET/C# software engineer with working knowledge of WPF and SQL to help drive the advancement of the logistics component in our extensive retail software platform. You will be responsible for the design, coding, testing and maintenance of software and database component outputs during the development phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). You’ll also be required to review and maintain the technical documentation that is produced during the SDLC.
- Creation and maintenance of Software Development Plans, as well as task and defect management
- Review of Software User Requirements and Software Change Requests
- Software design analysis, investigation and creations, as well as design review
- Coding, source code review and software build and release management
- Testing, documentation and quality assurance
- Strong experience in the logistics space is essential for this role
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 4 years of commercial software development experience using .NET/ C# / WPF
- Experience with software development environment tools such as Visual Studio and SVN
- Experience in MS SQL Server 2012+
- Previous experience working in a DevOps environment is a plus
- Commercial software development experience in the retail industry is an advantage
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows Platform and Microsoft Office applications
- Technical knowledge of the software development environment tools and programming languages used at Retail Directions
About Retail Directions
For more than 25 years, Retail Directions has been a trusted core technology partner for some of the world’s best retail brands including Cotton On, The Just Group, Hanes & many more. Our platform includes applications handling Point of Sale, E-commerce, Customer Engagement, Merchandise Management, Supply Chain and Business Intelligence. Our technology stack includes Angular, Xamarin, .Net, WPF, PHP, HTML5, and Delphi.