- Be part of an Australian success story with strong international presence
- Join a great team operating out of Melbourne’s CBD
- Contribute to the expansion of our Retail Management Platform
- Work with some of the world’s best retail brands
The Software Architect plays a pivotal role when it comes to translating our clients’ business needs into functional technology solutions, to be delivered by our development teams. In this role, you will be able to utilise your extensive enterprise-level software and business experience to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders to deliver great outcomes for our clients and their customers.
- Develop rapport and work with clients/stakeholders to elicit requirements and determine the best technical approach to address clients’ business problems.
- Using established techniques, produce artefacts that clearly articulate the user interaction, systems and business processes, design intent, assumptions, constraints and risks.
- Create requirements specifications comprising user stories, use cases, process flows, prototypes, conceptual designs/models, etc.
- Oversee teams across the entire SDLC to monitor the design, development, testing and delivery of new and enhanced functionality for the platform.
- 3+ years’ experience in a Software Architect, Systems Analyst or Technical Business Analyst role, preferably working within a software vendor or a consulting environment.
- Proven technical background, business acumen and experience across complex systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels of an organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to a high standard.
- Strong self-motivation to deliver great outcomes for the clients.
- Domain knowledge within the Retail and/or Supply Chain industries will be of high value.
- An understanding of DevOps best practice, related tools and technologies.
About Retail Directions
For more than 25 years, Retail Directions has been a trusted core technology partner for some of the world’s best retail brands including Cotton On, The Just Group, Hanes & many more. Our platform includes applications handling Point of Sale, E-commerce, Customer Engagement, Merchandise Management, Supply Chain and Business Intelligence. Our technology stack includes Angular, Xamarin, .Net, WPF, PHP, HTML5, and Delphi.