Senior Software Engineer (Delphi / SQL) Retail Industry
- Be part of an Australian success story with strong international presence
- Join a great team operating out of Melbourne’s CBD
- Contribute to the expansion of our Retail Management Platform
- Work with some of the world’s best retail brands
About the role
Do you have a strong background in web technologies, with experience in analytics and retail? We’re looking for a senior software engineer with working knowledge of Delphi / SQL to help drive the advancement of the business intelligence component in our extensive retail software platform.
- Review of Software Requirements Specifications and Software Change Requests.
- Create, maintain and review Software Design Artefacts e.g. Process flows, UIs, state flow diagrams.
- Coding, source code review, software build and release management.
- Quality assurance, testing, and end-user documentation.
- Create and maintain Software Development Plans, as well as task and defect management.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Software Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5+ years commercial software development experience.
- At least 3 years of commercial development experience using Delphi.
- Up to date knowledge of industry best practises, design patterns, and commercial coding standards.
- Experience with software development environment tools such as GIT.
- Experience in MS SQL Server 2012+.
- Previous experience working in a DevOps environment including CI and CD.
- Commercial software development experience in the retail industry is an advantage.
- Experience with NexusDB is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows Platform and Microsoft Office applications.
About Retail Directions
For more than 25 years, Retail Directions has been a trusted core technology partner for some of the world’s best retail brands including Cotton On, The Just Group, Hanes & many more. Our platform includes applications handling Point of Sale, E-commerce, Customer Engagement, Merchandise Management, Supply Chain and Business Intelligence. Our technology stack includes Angular, Xamarin, .Net, WPF, PHP, HTML5, and Delphi.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a one page Covering Letter, application statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria and your CV (no longer than three pages).