Senior Software Engineer C# & Xamarin Forms
Our product suite includes store systems, merchandise management, warehousing, Omni-channel fulfilment, customer and loyalty management, business analytics, as well as e-Commerce.
During the Covid-19 emergency we successfully shifted to a distributed team model and we intend to retain this approach going forward. Accordingly, the Senior Software Engineer can be located in practically any country as the vast majority of work, including team collaboration, will be handled remotely.
The Senior Software Engineer works on building and improving products that create meaningful value for the Company’s clients and all stakeholders within the Company. Specifically, we’re looking for a senior software engineer with working knowledge of Xamarin Forms and C# to help drive the advancement of the mobile platform in our extensive retail software platform and drive the application’s performance in the field, which will translate into client satisfaction.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for task and defect management, reviewing user requirements and change requests, following and driving unit testing and industry best practices, source code review and software build and release management.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background and experience of working in a similar role within a retail software and services provider. They will have an understanding of Omni-channel retail and supply chain solutions. The ability and gravitas to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally is a key skill for this role.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience in the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 8 years commercial software development experience.
- C# / Xamarin Forms / WCF / Web API / Unit testing
- Up to date knowledge of industry best practises, design patterns, and commercial coding
- Experience with software development environment tools such as Visual Studio and GIT
- Previous experience working in a DevOps environment including CI and CD
- Commercial software development experience in the retail industry is an advantage
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows Platform and Microsoft Office
- OOP Principles