Senior Excel/SQL Developer
Our product suite includes store systems (point of sale, back office and mobile applications), merchandise management, inventory ledger, warehousing, omni-channel fulfilment, customer and loyalty management, business analytics, as well as eCommerce.
During the Covid-19 emergency we successfully shifted to a distributed team model and we intend to retain this approach going forward. Accordingly, the Senior Excel/SQL Developer can be located in practically any country as the vast majority of work, including team collaboration, will be handled remotely.
The key focus of the role is to develop and then support a high-quality toolset to handle advanced Merchandise Planning functions within the Retail Directions Platform.
Initially the role will be focused on analysing the existing sales, profit and purchase budgeting facilities within the Retail Directions Platform.
This will be followed by the design and development of an Excel/SQL framework (to collaborate with the main database of the Retail Directions Platform) and then migration of the existing Retail Directions software to the Excel/SQL environment.
The Senior Excel/SQL Developer will work in close collaboration with other team members and selected Retail Directions’ clients.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background and experience of working in a similar role within a retail software organisation. They will have a solid understanding of the retail industry, IT and merchandise planning solutions. The candidate will be fluent in advanced Excel and its usage in collaboration with SQL databases.
Attributes and Skills
- High level of proficiency in development using advanced Excel.
- Strong SQL programming skills.
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the retail industry, with particular focus of merchandise planning.
- Ability to take full responsibility for assigned tasks and see them through to completion, working with the internal team and with clients.
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working within a DevOps environment.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office, Teams, Project and Visio software.
- Ability to prepare and then execute proper plans for tasks undertaken.
- Ability to maintain comprehensive records related to tasks undertaken, including software design, technical and user manuals.
- Deliver staff inductions, coaching and knowledge sharing as required.
Terms of Engagement
The terms on engagement are flexible and can be structured to suit the local conditions and the individual requirements of the successful applicant.