Our mission is simple - to make retailing easier. To do this, we provide our clients with retail solutions and services built around our leading end-to-end retail management platform. Our typical clients include general merchandise retailers such as apparel, sportswear, and homeware retailers.
Operating in a dynamic and competitive market, we pride ourselves on differentiation through 20 years of retail-specific expertise combined with out-of-the-box and tailored retail solutions that help retailers to achieve their goals. We offer our people a culture of innovation, agility, opportunity, and reward in return for dedication, passion, and proactivity.
We are looking for the very best retail people in APAC, UK, and South Africa to help us expand on our success and continue to deliver amazing retail experiences for both our clients and their own customers.
Excellence in project delivery is of priority focus for Retail Directions. This role is critical in helping us to optimise Client Satisfaction through service and project delivery on time.
We are looking for a dedicated individual to join the Retail Directions team as a PMO Manager. Our Project/Programme Management Office (PMO) Manager will oversee software development projects and ensure that they are completed on time and within budget.
Responsibilities include managing day-to-day activities in the PMO, providing guidance on PMO policies and processes, overseeing development staff, and collaborating and communicating with internal stakeholders including consultants and Client Care teams to prioritise and manage projects. In conjunction with the team of project managers/ consultants, you will liaise with clients to manage their expectations and keep them fully informed on project process.
To be successful as a PMO Manager, you should demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills. You will be well organised, highly tenacious, able to work under pressure, and have the confidence to manage the requirements of multiple stakeholders.
You will be responsible for managing the account engagement, growth and client satisfaction aspects of our relationship with our clients, whilst providing guidance on our best-of-breed solution, business advice, and running campaigns.
- You will collaborate with other department leaders and Clients to define, prioritise, and deliver successful projects using best practices in planning and capacity management, on time and to budget.
- Planning project management, including setting deadlines, prioritising tasks, and assigning team members to various deliverables.
- Analysing financial data, including project budgets, risks, and resource allocation.
- Providing reporting against defined PMO metrics to Clients and the executive team.
- Overseeing the development of programmes and projects and ensuring that project team members are carrying out their tasks efficiently while upholding the company's standards and processes.
- Drafting new and improving existing Project Management Office policies and processes.
- Continuously evaluating projects to ensure they are meeting company standards, adhering to budgets, and meeting deadlines.
- Accurately documenting the project's creation, development, and execution as well as documenting the project's scope, budget, and justification.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification may be advantageous.
- A working knowledge of ITIL frameworks and practices.
- A minimum of five years' experience of IT projects in the retail software industry.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to details and technicalities.
- Excellent organisational and technical skills.
- Good interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this role, and would like to join our Retail Directions team, we would love to hear from you.