- Be part of an Australian success story with strong international presence
- Join a great team operating out of Melbourne’s CBD
- Contribute to the expansion of our Retail Management Platform
- Work with some of the world’s best retail brands
About the role
Retail Directions is a successful retail software and solutions provider based in Melbourne Australia.
Established in 1993, Retail Directions is exclusively focused on retail systems with an enviable client list of globally know retail brands.
We are embarking on an exciting and ambitious growth strategy to maximise our business here in Australia, but also in many regions across the world.
To support this growth, we are looking for highly motivated and skilled operations leader to join our senior leadership team.
The Retail Directions Head of Operations will be responsible for the strategic direction and day to day running of the newly created operations function.
The role will be responsible the following internal and client facing functional areas of the business.
- Key functionalities
- Consulting Services
- Client satisfaction
- Internal IT
- Quality & Compliance
- Business KPI’s
The successful candidate will work closely with the Board, Sales & Marketing, Finance and Solutions Dev leaders, who will be jointly responsible for the day to day management of Retail Directions, delivering on the strategic goals and financial targets.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the senior leadership team, responsible for driving the adoption of new processes and tools, sharing & driving best practices, and ensuring alignment with the business goals.
The role is key part of the newly formed senior leadership team structure and reports to the main board.
The goal is to grow the client base and create a more transparent, predictable, agile, and productive operating environment across Retail Directions which is aligned with our global growth objectives and plans.
Accuracy – Linearity – Pro-activeness – Flexibility – Sense of priority
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Operations within a technology focused or services company
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Inspirational and inclusive management style
- Managing and developing high performing teams
- Strong team player and proven leader.
- Ability to link strategic objectives to operational details across a wide range of business areas
- Communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate, lead, plan and influence
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, matrix environment.
- Strong organisational & prioritisation skills
- Advanced excel skills is mandatory. PowerPoint skills. Ability to present data in a meaningful, concise and purposeful way
- Fluent in English, other languages for the region an advantage
- Review of Software Requirements Specifications and Software Change Requests.
- Create, maintain and review Software Design Artefacts e.g. Process flows, UIs, state flow diagrams.
- Coding, source code review, software build and release management.
- Quality assurance, testing, and end-user documentation.
- Create and maintain Software Development Plans, as well as task and defect management.
- Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage problems and tasks across the business.
- Manage incidents related to application and support,
- Manage and develop internal IT department
- Manage project management and delivery teams
- Ensure resources are available for scheduled activities
- Monitor and plan capacity.
- Create and maintain all systems and client documentation such as design specifications and diagrams, operational guides and methodology documentation
- Lead the customer support, professional services and delivery teams
- Client interface for communications regarding, operations support and delivery
- Support the Sales and SW dev leaders, and their management teams in preparing weekly forecasts, pipeline, monthly reviews, half year budget planning, and targets setting, QBRs and leadership presentations.
- Proactively analyse trends in operational data to determine gaps, risks, and needed improvements to better support our clients and grow the business.
- Support the Directors with ad hoc analysis, such as: ongoing tracking of, team utilization, project margin reviews, setting up of KPIs across the business.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for improvement to the Operational management on overall operational process and policy, and facilitate an environment of continuous improvement
- Be obsessed with our customer’s needs and drive operations requirements back into RD teams.
- Be a point of escalation for operational events, support best practices, and drive operational issues to resolution.
- Provide operational clarity, communicate complex concepts across diverse technical domains, and drive outcomes
- Identify and drive operational priorities to measure and deliver operational performance improvement
- Hire, develop, and manage individual contributors specialising in IT operations management, project management and support.
About Retail Directions
For more than 25 years, Retail Directions has been a trusted core technology partner for some of the world’s best retail brands including Cotton On, The Just Group, Hanes & many more. Our platform includes applications handling Point of Sale, E-commerce, Customer Engagement, Merchandise Management, Supply Chain and Business Intelligence. Our technology stack includes Angular, Xamarin, .Net, WPF, PHP, HTML5, and Delphi.
Please email email@example.com with a one page Covering Letter, application statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria and your CV (no longer than three pages).